Thursday, June 11, 2009

iPod madness?!

Well, I have always said that I would never buy an iPod. Why? I guess it was mostly because I hate bandwagons, crazes, fads, rages, the latest thing, trends, vogue, etc. Everyone was saying that the iPod was the best digital music player in the universe. I did not want to believe that this could be true. I have bought numerous different mp3 players over the years. I have, until now, never bought an iPod. Plus, they are more expensive to boot. Were they really worth it? Or were people just, once again, paying for a name? Was the iPod really superior to, say, a Creative Zen?

Well, damnit, I have gone and done it now. I was at the mall the other day to get new glasses at Lenscrafters, when I thought I would stop into FYE to see if they had any mp3 players. I was looking for any cheap ol' mp3 player to help bide my time with on my upcoming Greyhound trip to Nashville. I was about to purchase a no name $20 2GB piece of shit, when I saw that they had 2nd generation iPod nano's for $80. Originally, a couple of years ago, they sold for $200. I couldn't pass this up? Could I? Maybe this is my chance to see what everyone else already seems to know. I did it. I now own a beautiful grey, albeit 2nd generation, iPod nano. The only major difference I can tell between it and the newer 4th generations is that mine does not do video. So what? I only wanted a music player. It still does photos, has games, contacts, etc.

Guess what? I absolutely love this damn gadget and I don't know how I ever lived without one. Sometimes stubbornness will not get you anywhere. Maybe it's like that book I read a couple years ago, "The Wisdom of Crowds". Maybe the masses were onto something with the iPod. Maybe there is a difference between a fleeting fad and something that is here to stay. Because let me tell you, I don't think anyone is going to knock Apple off of it's pedestal any time soon.

I could tell you all about how the iPod works, how neat it is, how intuitive, how easy to use, how beautiful in design, but I'm sure everyone else in the world already knows all of this. So this is not so much a review of the iPod as it is my story of how I became a late adopter.

I love my iPod so much that I can hardly put it down. The only thing I didn't like were the earbuds because I hate earbuds, they never stay in my ears and they irritate my ears. So I bought a cheap pair of headphones that work great.

I love my iPod so much and am so impressed with it, that I have actually decided that my next computer is going to be a Macbook. Yes, I am sold on Apple. I have done research and have found that you can buy the basic Macbook for $1000. It will take me awhile to save up that kind of money but I think it will be money well spent.

Yes, I'm an apple fanboy now!!!

1 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not bad article, but I really miss that you didn't express your opinion, but ok you just have different approach

 

Post a Comment

<< Home